- Technically necessary cookies that are required for the use of the functions of our Website (e.g. to identify that you have logged in). Certain functions cannot be provided without these cookies.
- Functional cookies that are used to technically perform certain functions that you want to use.
- Analysis cookies that serve to analyze your user behavior.
- Third-party cookies. Third-party cookies are stored by third parties whose functions we integrate on our Website to enable certain functions. They can also be used to analyze user behavior.
Most of the browsers used by our users allow us to configure which cookies are to be stored and make it possible to delete (certain) cookies. If you restrict the storage of cookies to certain websites or do not allow cookies from third-party websites, it may no longer be possible to make use of the full functionality of our Website. Information on how to customize cookie settings for the most common browsers is available here:
- Google Chrome (support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en);
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies);
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer);
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac).
- Analysis Tool “Google Analytics”
Google Analytics allows us to compile usage statistics for our Website, as well as demographic data on visitors and their user behavior, in non-personally identifiable form. Statistics are also compiled to help us better understand how visitors find our site, so that we can improve our search engine optimization and advertising efforts. You can find information on how to opt out of using Google Analytics at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data from this Website in the future (the opt-out only works on this browser and only for this domain). An opt-out cookie shall then be stored on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click on this link again.
- Server log files
When you visit our Website, the company we use to operate the Website processes and stores technical information about the terminal device used by you (operating system, screen resolution and other non-personal features) and about the browser (version, language settings), in particular the public IP address of the computer you use to visit our Website, including the date and time of access. The IP address is a unique numeric address under which your terminal device sends/retrieves data to/from the Internet. Unless you share data that allows us to identify you while using our Website, our service provider or we are generally unable to know to whom an IP address belongs. Furthermore, a user may be identified if legal action is taken against them (e.g. in the case of attacks on Website) and we become aware of their identity during the investigation. As a rule, you need not worry about us being able to assign your IP address to you.
Our service provider uses the processed data in a non-personally identifiable manner for statistical purposes so that we can trace what kind of terminal devices, with which settings, are used to access our Website, and then optimize them accordingly. These statistics do not contain any personally identifiable data.
The IP address is further used so that you can technically access and use our Website, and to detect and ward off attacks against our service provider or our Website. Unfortunately, attacks designed to harm Website operators or their users (e.g. to prevent access, spy on data, distribute malware [e.g. viruses], or for other unlawful purposes) are repeatedly carried out. Such attacks would impair the proper functioning of the data center of the company we have commissioned, the use of our Website or its features, and the security of visitors to our Website.
The IP address and the time of access are processed to ward off such attacks. By means of this processing, we – by way of our service provider – pursue the legitimate interest of ensuring the functionality of our Website and preventing unlawful attacks against us and our Website visitors. The stored IP data is deleted (by means of anonymization) as soon as it is no longer required for the detection of or defense against an attack.